All Things Work TOGETHER For Good

Romans 8:28, " And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

I have been offered these scripture countless times whenever I'm going through a hard patch and I have offered it countless time to others still as a way of comfort. I must confess though that whenever this statement is said to me by well meaning friends, at that moment of unimaginable pain and trouble that seems too much to bear, when the wound is still fresh oozing with blood, and when the eyes are blurred by tears, at that moment I must confess, the above scripture does less than comfort me.

I guess that when our perspective is so focused in the moment, so focused in the trouble or pain, the above scripture won't make sense to any of us. But if you read the scripture in its context, then you understand that what God is telling us is to look at the bigger picture. When you understand what God has in store for the CALLED, then this scripture begins to make sense. 

Romans 8:30 b & c, tells us that "whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified." I realize through this scripture that God's perspective is focused on the bigger picture of my salvation. I realize that no matter what happens, God is working things out that I may not miss my salvation. But does this mean that when unpleasant things happen in my life then there is no recourse, no help at all! No. Romans 8:34 b reassures me that I have Christ. It says, "It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us." Christ is making an intercession for me, for you for us all.

What a joy it is to know that my Lord, is making intercession for me during my trials and tribulations. No wonder Paul in verse 35 asks, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?" Nothing can and should separate us from the love of God. Even when we are faced with trials, even when we are being persecuted, even when we are distressed with pain, we are assured of the love of God and nothing or no one can separate from God's love (Romans 8:38-39, "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.")

And that God assures us through Romans 8:37 that "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." We can overcome all things through Christ. So it is true that God woks all things together for our good. Whatever you are going through friend, you shall overcome. And in the end when all is said and done, after the storm when you look back and see the hand of God protecting you, guiding you and uplifting you, then you will understand this scripture fully. Stay strong friend, know that no matter what you are going through, God loves you and Jesus is interceding for you as you read this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Praise to God

God of the Heart

God´s Amazing Grace