My Shepherd


The safety and comfort I feel since I accepted Christ Jesus as my Lord and Saviour is unmatched. I know that He is always there for me, guiding my steps, watching over me and protecting me from my enemies. That he willingly died for me even before I knew and accepted Him, not because I deserved it but due to my Holy Father´s Grace reveals to me the extent of love that my God has for me. There is a passage I read that just blew my mind away in terms of my Lord´s love for me and felt like sharing it with you in hopes it will bring the same conviction it did for me.

Psalm 23, ´The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. (In Him I overcome my sinful desires), He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. (You need to hand over the reins of your life to Him so that he may guide you to salvation) He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name´s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me; (For doing the Father´s will, i.e. dying for us, the Father put all under His footstool, He was given all authority and nothing is beyond Him), your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me, in the presence of my enemies. (What your enemies intend for your harm will be used for your gain as they watch). You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. (God´s chosen will be blessed abundantly above and beyond their expectations) Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.´
How wonderful it is to have the Lord as your shepherd. I have accepted His will to be supreme in my life and I crave His presence in my life. What about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Praise to God

God of the Heart

God´s Amazing Grace