The Cleft in the Rock

Exodus 33:20-23, ‘‘“But,” he said, “You cannot see my face, for no-one may see me and live.” Then the LORD said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”’ We all just like Moses wish to see our Holy God, to be in His presence, but because of His Holiness and our sinfulness, we on our own cannot come to Him lest we will die. But our loving God wants us to experience His wonderful presence and for us now it is able to come unto the presence of the Lord, because there is our rock – that is Jesus’, is seated at the right hand of God in heavenly places and we are hidden in the cleft in the rock and can now see the glory of God before us. We can now with confidence approach the throne of God because we are hidden in the rock that has covered us with righteousness before God, so that when we who are believers of Jesus stand at the courts of the throne of God, God sees Jesus, who has proven to be righteous, instead of our sinfulness. Rejoice then ye who are so blessed, that now you can see the fullness of the glory of God, that we can now approach with all confidence the throne of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Praise to God

God of the Heart

God´s Amazing Grace