My Refreshment

Exodus 33:12, 13, ‘Moses said to the LORD, “You have been telling me, ‘Lead these people,’ but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, ‘I know you by name and you have found favor with me.’ If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.”’ As members of the church, we are called upon to be leaders to those that are weaker than us, we are called upon to be a refreshing for others. Often when God has placed us in such positions where He is using us to refresh and nourish others, to lead others in the faith, we tend to forget about Him and think it is all about us, we forget that all that we are, all that we have is from Him. Moses found great favor with God. God met with Him face to face! Yet in all humility, Moses still knew that without God, he could not make it. He asked God to teach Him His ways so as to continue to be in right standing before God. How many times do we as the church, or members of the body of Christ ask for wisdom from God before we decide to undertake anything. How many of us listen to His wise counsel, how many times do we ignore that still small voice, placing our own perceptions, experience over His divine wisdom and do what we want to do even when we know that God is not for it. I pray like Moses today that God to always refresh me, to teach me His ways so that in whatever I do, think or say, I may always be at right standing with Him and find favor with Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Praise to God

God of the Heart

God´s Amazing Grace