Arrogance

Job 34:31-33, ‘Suppose a man says to God, “I am guilty but will offend no more. Teach me what I cannot see; if I have done wrong, I will not do so again.” Should God reward you then on your terms, when you refuse to repent? You must decide, not I; so tell me what you know.’ Most of us are ignorant of our sins and arrogant in our repentance of our sins. We see ourselves as being ‘good’ but by God’s holy standards we are all sinners, having fallen short. Even when we acknowledge of our sins we still think so highly of ourselves and feel that we can dictate to God how He should forgive us. We dictate to him how He should ‘save’ us from the pit, how He should show us His mercy, how He should redeem us. How cynical is that, that even when we should humble ourselves, we are still haughty, standing in pride before Him? Since when does a convict dictate to the judge the sentence He should receive? God tell us that He opposes the proud but He will exalt the humble according to His will and plan. Come before God in reverent fear, humble yourselves before our LORD God and discard your arrogance. Live in obedience to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Praise to God

God of the Heart

God´s Amazing Grace