God´s Amazing Grace


Hebrews 2:14-18, ´Since the children have flesh and blood, He too shared in their humanity so that by His death He might destroy him who holds the power of death – that is, the devil – and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it is not angels He helps, but Abraham´s descendants. For this very reason He had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service of God, and that He might make atonement for the sin of the people. Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are tempted.´

This scripture reveals the reason why Jesus the Christ had to come to die on earth, it was for me, a wretched sinner, so that I could be freed from the hold of the devil and sin through and in Him therefore overcoming death because He paid the price or requirement of the law in my place that required my death as wages for my sins.

Through Him, I am an inheritor of the promise of Abraham, him who was credited as being righteous because of his faith in God, who is the father of all who live by faith in God. And my faith in the only son of God, who died in my place and was risen on the third day and ascended to Heaven as my intercessor, to silence the accuser, will surely set me free and free in deed. For what He sets loose, no one can bind and what He binds, no one can loose.

How deep is the love my God has for me, for He was made a little lower than angels for my sake, leaving His Divine and Heavenly throne, to be a complete offering of atonement, that pays for all the debts, and is at the moment sitting in Heavenly places, interceding on my behalf as the High Priest. How precious am I, that He is not ashamed of calling me brother and having faced temptations like me, He guides my steps in paths of righteousness, for His names´s sake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Praise to God

God of the Heart