Nature of Prayer


God wants prayer to be an honest flow of communication. We have many instances of the bible where servants of God complained like Habbakuk complained to Him of net listening and being silent in Habakkuk 1:2, 'How long, O Lord, must I call for help, but you do not listen?' and Habbakuk 1:13, ´...Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves?'; and Job accused him of being Missing in Action in Job 23:8-9, ´But if I go the the east, He is not there; if I go to the west, I do not find Him. When he is at work in the north, I do not see Him; when He turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him.' yet God answered their complaints in Habbakuk 1:5-11 and 2:2-20 and Job 38. God does not want us to pretend happiness and understanding because doing so dishonours our relationship with Him for He can see the depths of our hearts.

We should be like Job in Chapter 7:11, ´therefore I will not keep silent; I will speak the anguish of my spirit, I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.´ Only then will you find comfort and answers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Praise to God

God of the Heart

God´s Amazing Grace