The Lamb of God

John 1:29-31, ‘The next day John saw Jesus coming towards him and said, “Look, the lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A Man who comes after me has surpassed me because He was before me.’ I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that He might be revealed to Israel.’ Jesus was there from the beginning of time and through Him everything in the world was created. Yet this same God shed His divinity to come and partake in the earthly world living as man so that He might redeem us back to Himself. John the Baptist did not feel worthy to baptize Jesus knowing who He was but he had to do it to satisfy all the requirement of the Laws. John the Baptist was baptizing with water in order to reveal to Israel the meaning of the baptism of the Spirit that was to come through Jesus Christ. As the Lamb Jesus was sacrificed by His father at the cross, suffering death so that man could have the confidence to come to the Father and overcome sin and escape its consequences. Have you been baptized by the spirit?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Praise to God

God of the Heart

God´s Amazing Grace