Yokes of Sin – Guilt and Condemnation

Psalm 32:3-5, ‘When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord” – and you forgave the guilt of my sin.’ Sin is such a heavy burden and has a great toll on our life; it makes us feel guilty and condemned. Our conscience is grieved by our knowledge of our transgression and this might even affect our health as we become miserable and our spirit is crushed. The accuser, that is Satan, takes advantage of this and keeps on reminding us of our sins, yoking our souls with guilt and condemnation. This guilt and condemnation that we carry around our necks, saps our energy, our willpower, our commitment and we live miserable condemned lives. But all we have to do to free ourselves and be released from this bondage is to acknowledge this sin to the Father and repent. He sees everything that we have done, what we have hidden in our hearts, but when we repent with a sincere heart, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins. Therefore liberate yourself from the guilt of forgiven sin because God has forgiven you for all your sins in Jesus Christ and remembers them no more. Hallelujah!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Praise to God

God of the Heart

God´s Amazing Grace