Love in Obedience

John 14:15, 21, 23, 24, ‘“If you love me, you will obey what I command.” … “Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” … “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teachings. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.”’ God is love and we who He has called to Jesus now love Him because He loved us first. The true testament of loving God is by living a life of total submission and obedience to His will, through His Son Jesus, in our lives. By living a life of obedience to Him, we allow Jesus to come and transform us into His likeness, our minds and our hearts, purging out the impurities within us, molding and shaping us into who He wants us to be in Him, complete and mature just as He is. God is spirit and when we live a life of faith in and through Jesus Christ, He comes to make His home with us through the Holy Spirit, writing His commands in our heart, so that we can live a life of pleasing God, convicting us when we sin to repent and giving us the power to overcome the allure of sin and death. Those of us who claim to love God with all your heart yet live a life of disobedience to His commands are lying to ourselves guilty of having a form of godliness but denying God who should be the master and Lord in your life. Love is obedience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Praise to God

God of the Heart

God´s Amazing Grace