Selfless and Unconditional Love

John 15:9-13, 17, ‘As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in His love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this that he lay down his life for his friends. …This is my command: Love each other.’ Jesus wholly depended on God the Father while He was on earth, and whatever He received from Him, He shared with us, His love, His power and authority. He showed us a perfect example of humility and obedience submitting to the Father’s will to die at the cross as atonement, a sacrifice, for our sins and to provide a way for our salvation. His love for the Father was selfless and unconditional, obeying to the point of shedding His divinity and living as a servant. His love for us was also selfless and unconditional in that He loved us even before we loved Him, dying for us even when we were His enemies. Now to those that believe and love Him, we should live a life of humility and obedience like the one He showed us, loving and caring for our brother with a selfless and unconditional love where we are willing to die to ourselves, our needs, our wants for their sake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Praise to God

God of the Heart

God´s Amazing Grace