Life in Obedience

Psalm 119: 33-40, ‘Teach me O Lord, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart towards your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word. Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared. Take away the disgrace I dread, for your laws are good. How I long for your precepts! Preserve my life in your righteousness.’ Who am I that I may know the plans of God? Who am I to question His wisdom? I am nothing apart from Him and all I need and desire is for Him to reveal to me His will for my life, what He has purposed for my life that I may live my life rejoicing in His will and not mine, through Jesus Christ and not on my own strength, for I cannot do anything without Christ who strengthens me. My focus is now only on Jesus who now lives in me as the potter of my life, shaping and molding me, removing impurities and shortcomings, using me in my weakness to bring glory to the Father so that I may become a mature and complete member of His bride, the church, worthy to be presented without blemish before the Father. Only through obedience may I preserve my life in righteousness in and through Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Praise to God

God of the Heart

God´s Amazing Grace